Download FORUM12 Proceedings Forum 12 Proceedings
FORUM12, is a wrap! Our annual meeting was held in Thessaloniki, Greece the weekend 1 & 2 April 2023 at Porto Palace Hotel. Three pre-congress labs were held in Friday March 31stat the Companion Animal Clinic of the School of Veterinary Medicine of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
The Opening Ceremony was dedicated to the memory of our former HCAVS President, dear friend and beloved teacher of many of us, Professor Timoleon Rallis who passed away in 2018.
The Scientific Program of FORUM 12 was full of Canine & Feline Geriatrics. It was hosted in four different lecture halls with Geriatric sessions of various disciplines along with Short Communications.
The Exhibition hall with 1200 sq. available was full of sponsors booths. This was the place to meet during the breaks. It was a great opportunity for all delegates to meet with the industry representatives and get to know with everything new that is going on in our profession regarding new products, consumables, equipment, nutrition updates and veterinary services.
FORUM12 in numbers:
- Registered delegates: 1034, with 91 of them being veterinary students.
- Sponsors, Exhibitors andSupporters: 46 from Greece, Cyprus and Balkan area.
- Invited Speakers: 18
- Short Communications (oral presentations): 56
- Poster Presentations: 12
We would like to thank our:
- Delegates, who embraced HCAVS and attended FORUM12.
- Sponsors, who support our scientific events and specifically FORUM12. Their contribution is pivotal in setting up an event of this magnitude.
- Speakers, for their contribution, which was crucial to help us achieve the scientific goals of FORUM12.
- Veterinary Students, for their active participation and enthusiasm.
- Volunteers, all of them Veterinary students, who cooperated perfectly with the Organising Committee, also contributing to FORUM12 success.
- Porto Palace Hotel, our 5* hotel venue, for their high level of services.
- Marilena Kosmidou, Architect – Engineer, for the Exhibition hall design and set-up.
- Noetik, our graphic designers.
See you in Greece for our FORUM13 / 2024. More info will soon be available!
Everything about HCAVS is our Members!
HCAVS Board of Directors
Dr. George Mantziaras
Dr. Efstratios - Erricos Tsipianitis
Prof. Serafim Papadimitriou
Col. Stefanos Kladakis
PRECONGRESS SEMINARS – Friday, March 31, 2023
(in Greek language ONLY)
FINAL SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
Prof. Guillaume Chanoit
DEDV PhD DECVS DACVS FHEA FRCVS, Head of Small Animal Surgery, VetAgroSup, Department of Small Animal Surgery, Veterinary School of Lyon, France
Dr. Marios Charalambous
DVM, PhD, Dipl.ACVIM, Dipl ECVN, FHEA, MRCVS, ABVS American & EBVS® European recognised specialist in Veterinary Neurology, Clinic for Small Animals, Department of Neurology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Dr. Nick Dervisis
DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology), Medical Oncology, Associate Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Associate Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Virginia Tech, USA
Dr. Nikolaos Diakakis
DVM, MSc, PhD, MRCVS, Professor, Companion Animal Clinic, School of Veterinary Medicine, AUTH, Thessaloniki, Greece
Prof. Jonathan Elliot
MA Vet MB PhD Cert SAC Dip ECVPT FHEA MRCVS, EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Royal Veterinary College, London, UK
Dr. Stamatina Giannikaki
DVM, MSc, DipECVO, MRCVS, EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Ophthalmology, Athens, Greece
Associate Professor in Management, School of Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Prof. Toni Glaus
DVM, Dipl. ACVIM Dipl. ECVIM-CA (Cardiology), Division of Cardiology, Clinic for Small Animal Internal Medicine, VetSuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Dr. Aarti Kathrani
BVetMed (Hons), PhD, DACVIM, DACVN, FHEA, MRCVS, Senior Lecturer in Small Animal Internal Medicine, Royal Veterinary College, London, UK
Dr. Dan G. Ohad
DVM, PhD, Dip ACVIM (Cardiology), Dip. ECVIM-CA (Cardiology), Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Israel
Dr. Thaleia Stathopoulou
DVM, Dipl. ECVAA, EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia, Royal Veterinary College, London, UK
Dr. Panagiota Tyrnenopoulou
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Clinic of Surgery (Equine Medicine & Surgery), University of Thessaly, Greece